What Tostitos Chips, Dips, and Salsas are Vegan?
Tostitos is one of the most widely available brands of tortilla chips (and dips) in North America, and while I prefer other brands I certainly can’t say much bad about Tostitos. I simply prefer thinner chips and thicker salsas.
Not all Tostitos Chips & Dips are Vegan though. Most are, but a few contain dairy in them (cheese) so just make sure to not get those and you should be good to go. Make sure to check below or read the back though, as even the most unsuspecting flavors, like the hint of lime flavor, contain dairy (sour cream).
So what flavors are Vegan?
Tostitos Vegan Salsas & Dips:
- Chunky Salsa (Medium)
- Chunky Salsa (Mild)
- Restaurant Style Salsa (Medium)
- Splash of Lime Flavored Chunky Salsa (Mild)
- Roasted Garlic Chunky Salsa (Medium)
- Chunky Habanero Salsa (Hot)
- Organic Chunky Medium Salsa
All of Tostitos Salsa’s appear to be vegan, but their other dips all contain dairy.
The non-Vegan Dips & Salsas they have are the following:
- Salsa Con Queso (Medium)
- Smooth and Cheesy Dip
- Queso Blanco Dip (Medium)
- Southwest Cheese & Corn Dip
- Fiesta Bean & Cheese Dip
- Creamy Spinach Dip
Tostitos Vegan Chips:
- Original Scoops
- Multigrain Scoops
- Baked Scoops
- Original Restaurant Style
- Lightly Salted Triangle Chips
- Black Bean & Garlic Triangle Chips
- Organic Blue Corn Triangle Chips
- Cantina Style Thin & Crispy Triangles
- Cantina Style Traditional Triangles
- Bite Size Rounds
- Crispy Rounds
Now for the non-vegan ones, which all contain dairy:
- Hint of Lime Triangles
- Hint of Jalapeno Triangles
- Roasted Red Pepper Triangles
- Salsa Ranchera Rounds
- Salsa Verde Rounds
The most troubling of the above non-vegan flavors to me is the hint of lime. I mean c’mon, all you have to do is put some lime powder on it and you’re all good to go!
Thankfully not every company makes such silly mistakes as Tostitos did with their lime Chips. At pretty much every Kroger/H-E-B/Fry’s/etc they have a store-brand of hint of lime chips that in my experience are pretty dang good. Be careful though, Walmart-brand also uses dairy in their hint of lime Chips.