Caffe Nero is a popular coffee shop franchise in many countries, but originally from the UK – They have amazing vegan options we’ll cover below.
This guide will largely be covering UK locations, however if you’re not going to a UK-based location then you can expect most of the same options, just not quite as many of them — regardless of where you are Caffe Nero is a pretty vegan-friendly coffee shop compared to most out there.
Table of Contents
Vegan Meal Options at Caffe Nero:
- Vegan Breakfast Roll
- Roasted Tomato & Pesto Tostati
- Porriage/Oatmeal (Can add Bananas, seed, or fruit jam).
- Vegan Salad (Varies based on location, generally has vinaigrette or vegan dressing)
Some locations will have unique things as well that’s vegan-friendly, such as a vegan meatball sub — however not all locations will have them so we didn’t include them in the above list. They’ll always have “vegan” specified with them, or you can always ask the staff as Caffe Nero employees understand vegan-needs.
Vegan Coffee/Drinks at Caffe Nero:
All of Caffe Nero’s coffee’s are able to be made vegan if you substitute out cow-milk for oat milk, soy milk, or coconut milk — this includes Mocha drinks, Americano’s, Cappacuino’s, Latte, and of course Expresso’s. They also generally have a few coffee drinks such as a iced coconut latte that are quite good.
Caffe Nero has other great vegan-friendly drinks such as:
- Hot Chocolate (swap for non-dairy milk)
- Chai Latte (with non-dairy milk)
- Alphonso Mango & Passionfruit Booster (Juice)
- Raspberry & Italian Peach Booster (Juice)
- Strawberry Milk Frappe (Swap for non-dairy milk)
- Vanilla Milk Frappe (Swap for non-dairy milk)
- Varied Teas (Mint infused & others)
Personally I’d recommend staying away from the various teas, as in my experience they were never very flavorful — Caffe Nero is definitely better for Coffee.
Vegan Snacks at Caffe Nero:
- Vegan Raspberry Croissant
- Fruit Salad
- Lightly Salted Kettle Chips
- Sea Salt & Vinaigrette Kettle Chips
- Sea Salt Popcorn
- Sweet & Salty Popcorn
- Vegan Berry Nut Muffin
Sometimes Caffe Nero will have another granola-bar type thing or chip-type that’s vegan, but these are all the ones most Caffe Nero’s carry.
If for any of the above snacks you want jelly/jam or butter, Cafe Nero generally carries vegan margarine as well as of course plenty of jams/jellies that generally are free when you buy any of the above “snacks.”