Everything Vegan at BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
BJ’s restaurant at first glance doesn’t appear to be a vegan-friendly restaurant, but if you look closer they have quite good vegan options, and while it wouldn’t be my #1 choice to eat at, I wouldn’t have an issue having a meal there with family if everyone was going to bj’s.
With that being said, don’t expect some vegan paradise; or even anything too good — they haven’t added a vegan burger or vegan-specific entries or anything like that to the menu yet.
But hey, you can get some pasta, a pretty good lotta-topping pizza (albeit kinda expensive), and many delicious sides and appetizers, as well as some more standard things you’d expect to be vegan at a restaurant like this such as Baked Potatoes.
Vegan Appetizers at BJ's Brewhouse:
- Chips & Guacamole
- French Fry Basket
- Turmeric-Roasted Cauliflower
- Sweet Potato Fries
Really those are the only vegan-friendly shareable appetizers they offer; although you can always order a salad as an appetizer as well, it just won’t really be shareable with others like people usually do with appetizers. If you do this make sure you check the salad section of this article for which dressings and salads are vegan-friendly.
Vegan Primary Meal Options at BJ's:
- Vegan Pizzas (Order without Cheese, ask for no butter on Crust)
- Vegan Lentil Ancient Grains Soup (More of a side to be paired with a Salad or Baked Potato since it’s quite small)
- Peruvian Quinoa Bowl (Not on all locations menu, but generally able to be ordered)
- Boiled Pasta with Mariana Sauce (Confirm, off-menu but available at most locations)
- Many Salad Options (See next section)
I know I didn’t list the toppings for the pizzas like I normally do, and that’s for a few reasons. Namely it varies slightly by locations, and also there’s really no need to do so as they have pretty much every vegetable-topping imaginable short of a vegan-meat topping, and everything you’d expect to be vegan as a topping is vegan.
For the Pasta at Bj’s, the menu-options aren’t vegan-friendly, but if you ask if you can just get a big spaghetti with Mariana Sauce meal they’ll usually be able to do it and that should be vegan-friendly. Often it’s not an option, although it used to be on the kids menu it isn’t always anymore.
Vegan Salad Options at BJ's Brewhouse & Restaurant:
- House Salad (Specify no Croutons or Cheese)
- The Superfoods Salad
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Rice Wine Vinaigrette
- Olive oil & Vinegar
- Italian Dressing
Vegan Side Dishes at BJ's Restaurant:
- Baked Potato (No Cheese/Butter/Sour-Cream)
- Sauteed Asparagus
- Regular French Fries
- Quinoa and Brown Rice Blend
- Rice Pilaf
- Sauteed Green Beans
- Guacamole & Chips (Appetizer)
- Turmeric-Roasted Cauliflower (Small Bites Side)
- Sweet Potato Fries (Small Bites Side)
- Vegan Lentil Ancient Grains Soup
- Apple Sauce (Kids Menu)
- Homemade Rootbeer
- Tons of Sodas/Drinks
Vegan Desserts at BJ's:
- Apple Sauce
- Apple Juice
- Fresh Fruit
BJ’s Brewhouse doesn’t offer any “real” vegan-friendly desserts like brownies or cookies unfortunately, which is a real bummer as I remember they were the best I had at a restaurant before going vegan. Maybe in 5 years they’ll get with the times and make them vegan-friendly; you can definitely make just as good of brownies that are vegan.