Blimpie has decent vegan options, including many types of bread, avocado, and plenty of vegetable topping to build a sandwich that’s vegan friendly — it’s also possible to get the sandwich warmed up/baked, so if you prefer that type of thing you won’t have to sacrifice a warm sandwich when eating at Blimpie.
You can also build-your-own-salad at most locations, and seeing as Blimpie has multiple vegan-friendly dressing options, that’s not too bad of an option if you prefer not to have bread as part of your meal.
Table of Contents
Vegan BYO Vegan Sandwich (or Salad) Options:
- Choose Your Bread – Ciabatta, Pretzel, White Italian, Whole Grain Wheat, Salsa Tortilla Wrap, Spinach Tortilla Wrap, Traditional Tortilla Wrap, or you can order as a bowl (salad).
- Choose Your Toppings – Mushrooms, iceberg lettuce, Pineapple, Sliced Onions, Green Peppers, Olives, Sliced Jalapenos, Banana Peppers, Avocado (premium), Guacamole (premium), or Tomatoes.
- Choose Your Sauce – Blimpie Special Sauce, Light Italian Dressing, Red Wine Vinegar, Spicy Brown Mustard, Yellow Mustard, Teriyaki Sauce, Olive Oil, or None.
- Choose Your Cooking Time — None, Lightly toasted, Medium, or Crispy (burnt).
Some locations have slightly different toppings, but any of the vegetables or fruits should be vegan friendly — however we didn’t include all the veggies that may not be at your local location, as to not drive hopes up. While Blimpie’s wraps used to not always be vegan-friendly, when we asked them directly they specified that now all the wraps are standardized from one company, and they do so happen to be vegan-friendly. You can ask your location specifically, but from our findings this does seem accurate.
Other Vegan Things at Blimpie:
- Veggie Supreme (without cheese)
- Plain Bluffin (breakfast biscuit type thing)
- Garden Salad (without cheese)
- All Drinks/Sodas
- Bagged Chips (varies by location, usually 4-5 vegan options).
Their bluefin is quite good when toasted, albeit more or less just a generic breakfast muffin/biscuit it’s quite good when you get guacamole or avocado to put in it as a sandwich, so it’s another option if you just want a small snack or something to go with a salad that’s not just chips.