Carrabba’s Italian Grill has enough vegan options to get a satisfying vegan meal at one of their restaurants.
Table of Contents
My main complaint is Carrabbas doesn’t have anything very exciting or unique for vegans to eat, but rather just simple pastas, salads, and sides for the most part. But I really can’t complain beyond that, I mean I wish they updated their vegan/vegetarian menu up to date so it was more reliable than it is, being years out of date.
Vegan Pasta Options at Carrabbas Italian Grill:
- Linguine Pasitano (As-is)
- Gluten Free Casarecce (Twisty) Pasta with Pomodoro Sauce or Pic-Pac Sauce
- Whole Grain (Traditional) Spaghetti with Pomodoro Sauce or Pic-Pac Sauce
- Linguine Positano (Flat Noodle) Spaghetti with Pomodoro Sauce or Pic-Pac Sauce
- Penne Pasta (cylinder noodle) with Pomodoro Sauce or Pic-Pac Sauce
Carrabbas pasta is pretty dang good and if you’re going to be eating there I’d highly recommend getting it. It’s the best vegan option on the menu, and when paired with one of the sides it really makes a pretty great meal.
You may wonder why there’s only 4 pasta options listed when there’s many other pasta types available at Carrabbas. That’s because some of their noodles, the “fresh” noodles, contain eggs.
Vegan Salad Options at Carrabba’s:
- House Salad (Swap dressing for one of the below-mentioned vegan dressings)
- Italian Salad (Swap dressing for one of the below-mentioned vegan dressings)
- (Light) Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Regular Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Red Wine Dressing
- Oil with Herbs or Garlic
I wouldn’t say the salads at carrabba’s really constitute a meal unless you’re a light eater and aren’t very hungry, so I’d recommend treating them more as “side dishes” or snacks rather than meals in of their self. They are quite high quality in my experience though.
Vegan Sides & Appetizers at Carrabba’s:
- Bread and Olive Oil with Herbs or Garlic
- Grilled Asparagus
- Sautéed Broccoli
- Steamed Broccoli
- Sautéed Spinach
- Steamed Spinach
- The Salad Options
You can also get a small pasta as a side to a Salad if you prefer to have a bigger Salad and a smaller Pasta. Luckily the bread is vegan, which
Vegan Desserts, Pizzas, Soups, etc at Carrabbas:
- Generally None (See Below)
While in the past Carrabba’s used to have a vegan sorbet or some fruit, generally they no longer have these as a Vegan Dessert option. As for Pizzas and Soups, while they can be Vegetarian you can’t really get a vegan one according to what Carrabba’s told me when I contacted the company directly. The Minestrone soup at Carrabas generally contains dairy, and thus is not vegan. At some locations the Pizza dough may be vegan, however it isn’t very common for it to be vegan, so you’ll have to ask to confirm if it is or not, and if it is you can use the Pomodoro sauce on it and some basic vegetables like spinach, onion, tomato, as toppings. If the dough does turn out to be vegan at your local location and you want to play with it, or you have a kid and they may want to, you can order a ball of dough to your table to have fun with, although they most likely won’t make it into a pizza for you afterwards — but hey you can take it to go and make a pizza yourself later that day or the next day with the dough!