Eating out as a vegan doesn’t have to be difficult, and Chipotle Mexican Grill seems to agree with us on that.
Many Mexican restaurants like Qdoba and El Pollo Loco have started offering plant-based dishes. With veganism rising, it only makes sense. Chipotle is no different. The fast-casual restaurant chain has many vegan-friendly meals, and we are not disappointed by any of them. So, what exactly can you eat next time you’re at Chipotle?
Chipotle vegan side options
In case you’re in a rush or just aren’t hungry enough for a big meal, Chipotle has plenty of sides you can snack on.
- White Rice – With a hint of bay leaves, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Brown Rice – Seasoned the same way as their white rice, and just as good.
- Pinto Beans
- Black beans
- Corn Tacos – Crispy corn tacos.
- Flour Tacos – Soft flour tacos.
- Flour Tortillas – Soft tortillas.
- Fajita Vegetables – A mix of sauteed bell peppers and onions.
- Sofritas – Organic braided and well-spiced tofu with poblano and chipotle peppers.
- Fresh Tomato Salsa – This salsa is mild and suitable for everyone.
- Roasted Chili Corn Salsa – Medium salsa with a slight kick.
- Tomatillo Green-Chili Salsa – Medium-hot salsa for spice lovers. So good!
- Tomatillo Red-Chili Salsa – This one is not for the faint-hearted. I have tried it once, and my mouth was on fire for a long time.
- Guacamole – Finding impressive guac can be rare, but Chipotle got their recipe down just right. Made from fresh avocados, red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- Chips – Seasoned with kosher salt and lime. They go so well with their guacamole!
Chipotle vegan main options
If you’re new to Chipotle and aren’t sure how to customize your own vegan-friendly meal, you might want a safe option. The fast-food restaurant chain has you covered. They offer several lifestyle bowls, and they have not forgotten about vegans and vegetarians – one of the bowls is 100% vegan!
This lifestyle bowl is so tasty and will definitely fill you up. There is no need to make any modifications when you order it, as it is completely vegan.
Build your own meal at Chipotle
Chipotle gives you complete creative control if you wish. You can build your own meal and get the culinary experience you are in the mood for. So, how do we customize our dishes as vegans? It is quite simple, but first, you have to decide whether you want a burrito, a burrito bowl, a salad, or tacos.
- Build your Burrito -. Get yourself a flour tortilla and fill it with black and pinto beans, cilantro-lime rice, romaine lettuce or Supergreens Lettuce blend, and veggies. Add sofritas for some extra protein, and finish it with a salsa of your choice. Don’t forget some guac!
- Build your burrito bowl – Want the classical burrito flavor but don’t want to get messy? Get a burrito bowl instead! Get all the fillings you desire but have them served in a bowl instead of stuffed inside a tortilla.
- Build your salad – Need a lighter meal? Why not go for a good salad. Choose your salad base – have romaine lettuce or Chipotle’s Supergreens Lettuce blend. Add all the toppings you want and finish it with a touch of guacamole or salsa. Keep in mind that Chipotle’s Honey Vinaigrette is not vegan, so don’t get it added to your salad.
- Build your tacos – Chipotle has two taco options. Are you in the mood for soft flour tacos or crispy corn ones? Fill them with all the toppings you want – fajita veggies, lettuce, tofu, and guacamole. Now it’s time to decide whether you want some mild, medium, or hot salsa to pull it all together.
Whether you decide to go for some tacos or a salad, don’t forget to get a side of chips with your main meal. And, of course, some salsa or guacamole to dip them into. As appropriate for any restaurant, Chipotle has many beverages – many of them are vegan-friendly. Pick one, and you’re good to go.
Frequently Asked Questions
Chipotle is not an entirely plant-based establishment. However, they do offer many vegan-friendly options that you can use to customize your meal.
Chipotle’s chips are suitable for vegan folks. Snack on them on their own or get them next to your main meal. You can dip them into guacamole or salsa of your choice.
Yes, it is one of the many vegan-friendly options offered by Chipotle. The guacamole is made from fresh avocados, red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro. Give it a try, as it is absolutely delicious!
Chipotle has two tortilla options – corn and flour tortillas. Luckily for us vegans, both are suitable for people following a plant-based diet.
No, Chipotle does not offer plant-based cheese. The fast-casual restaurant has other vegan-friendly options, but cheese is not one of them. Hopefully, vegan cheese is something they will add to their menu in the future.
It comes as no surprise that Chipotle’s rice is 100% vegan! The restaurant offers white and brown rice – both of them are entirely plant-based.
Whether you enjoy their black beans or pinto beans, you can continue to do so after switching to a plant-based diet. It is not surprising that both options are 100% vegan-friendly.
Yes, they are! The Sofritas served at Chipotle are free from any animal-derived ingredients and are one of the many plant-based options to enjoy. You can add them to your tacos or burritos or have them as a light snack.