There are several meatless and vegetarian options in KFC that are suitable for a vegan or vegetarian diet. On the menu you can find homestyle sides, salad, dessert, beverages, dipping sauces and condiments.
KFC fries are also considered vegan, because they do not fry their potatoes in beef fat, rather they are fried in vegetable oil. However, cross-contamination could be a problem.
Beyond Fried Chicken was available in 2022 in several places that offered vegan fried chicken in KFC. Although they were fried in the same oil as the non-vegan options, they had a reputation for offering vegan options in a fast-food chain restaurant.
What are the vegan options on KFC’s menu?
In 2023, Beyond Fried Chicken is not available in any of the KFC restaurants around the world and KFC has yet to announce a date for when they will be serving their KFC Beyond Fried Chicken or other plant-based chicken products again.
Some sides, such as Baked Beans, Fries, or Green Beans require no modifications. KFC’s secret recipe fries are vegan because KFC does not fry their potatoes in beef fat, rather they are fried in vegetable oil. However, cross-contamination could be a problem. The homestyle sides vegan options at KFC are listed below:
- BBQ Baked Beans ingredients are largely Beans, Water, Sugar, Tomato Paste, Corn Syrup, Salt, Paprika, Spice and food colourings.
- Corn on the cob is literally a cooked corn on the cob. The only problem with this dish is the melted butter in which it can be dipped. If you wish to omit this, please indicate this when ordering.
- Sweet Kernel Corn is like the previous one, it is made only of corn and with this product you don’t even have to pay attention to the butter.
- Green Beans is completely vegan, as it contains green beans flavored with onions, salt, monosodium glutamate, spices and garlic.
Salad and Dressing
Salad is a dish consisting of a mixture of small pieces of food, usually vegetables or fruit, served at a lower temperature. At KFC, The House Side Salad is a good option for vegas, but make sure to order without the croutons or cheese and opt for the Marzetti Light Italian Dressing. All of the other dressing and dip options contain animal products.
The only vegan salad option at KFC is listed below:
- The House Side Salad is completely vegan-friendly, containing only lettuce and tomatoes.
The only vegan dressing option at KFC is listed below:
- Marzetti Light Italian Dressing is also completely vegan because of its ingredients, which are water, vinegar, sugar, salt, soybean oil, and garlic.
The Apple Turnover is the only option for dessert, but it does contain palm oil. Some ethical vegans find palm oil consumption to not be vegan, so they do not consume palm oil or palm oil products. To be safe, you could always opt for the kids’ applesauce for dessert or a snack, as it is plant-based and does not contain any palm oil. Personally, I stick to a soda as my sweet treat.
The only vegan dessert option at KFC is listed below:
- The Apple Turnover
For adults, all the drinks are vegan-friendly that can be ordered from the menu which are Pepsi, 7UP, all Lemonade, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, Lipton teas and even beers if available.
For kids, the only vegan-friendly drink is the Capri Sun 100% Juice Fruit Punch.
Dipping Sauces and Condiments
Sauce is a type of condiment that can be used in preparing food or served with the dish to increase flavor, moisture, and visual appeal. The vegan sauce options at KFC are listed below:
- Grape Jelly Packet
- Strawberry Jam
- Lemon Juice Packet
Are KFC fries vegan?
No, KFC fries are not vegan-friendly. French fries or chips are cooked in the same oil as other not-vegan options therefore it has cross-contamination. If you consider it as a vegan option besides the cross-contamination, you can order it.
- 2145 Pacific Boulevard Albany, OR 97321
- 320 S. Main Street Nashville, AR 71852
- 132 North Redwood Road Salt Lake City, UT 84116
- 10267 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89135
- 1679 Federal Boulevard Denver, CO 80204
What other fast-food restaurants offer vegan options?
There are some other restaurants which offer vegan options. Both of them provide vegan french fries, sauces and drinks, so you can have a full meal as a vegan or vegetarian in these fast-food restaurants.
What are the vegan options in burger king?
In Burger king you can find the plant-based Whopper which is a hamburger that comes with a flame-grilled plant-based patty topped with crispy lettuce, ketchup, crunchy pickles, mayonnaise (unfortunately, they don’t have egg-free mayo), and sliced white onion.
What are the vegan options in Chick fil a?
In Chick fil a you can find several salad and side options that are vegan or can be made vegan. The most protein dense and substantial salads are the modified Spicy Southwest Salad and Market Salad, both of which come with added protein in the toppings, even when you leave off the animal products.