Genghis Grill has some pretty decent vegan options, including oodles of stir-fried vegetables, many sauces, and some vegan protein options like tofu to add in.
Table of Contents
Like many chain-restaurants there’s only really a couple items to choose from for us vegans, but you can still easily eat at Genghis Grill and be satisfied as a Vegan a few times a year without getting bored of the same few options they do have.
Vegan Appetizers at Genghis Grill:
- Garlic-Citrus Edamame
- Plain Edamame
Unfortunately, Genghis Grill doesn’t have any vegan-friendly potstickers, which are the most popular appetizer at Genghis Grill, but hey, you can never go wrong with some steamed Edamame. They’re not only healthy and packed with protein, but really quite tasty — even plain.
Build-Your-Own Vegan Main Course at Genghis Grill:
- Choose Your Protein – See Written Text below (no vegan options).
- Choose Your Spices/Seasonings – Cayenne Pepper, Citrus Garlic Herbs, Crushed Red Pepper, “Dragon” Salt, Garlic powder, Ginger powder, Lemon Pepper, Pepper, Salt, Steak House Blend, Sweet-Ginger Garlic Powder, Yellow Curry, or regular salt.
- Choose Your Veggies – Baby corn, Basil, Bean Sprouts, Green Bell Peppers, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cilantro, Green Beans, Green Onion, Jalapenos, Mandarin Oranges (bleh!), Mushrooms, Pineapples, Potatoes, Spinach, Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Tofu Chunks, Tomato Chunks, Water Chestnuts, Onion slices, Zucchini Slices, or mint if you’re willing to pay extra.
- Choose Your Sauce(s) – Garlic Water, Ginger Water, Asian Chili, Sesame, Kung Pao, Sesame Soy, Dragon, Pan Asian, Thai Peanut, Sweet & Sour, Roasted Garlic, Island Teriyaki, 3G, or Roasted Tomato.
- Choose Your Side(s) – Brown Rice, White Rice, Udon Noodles, Spiral Pasta, Tortillas, or Cabbage (don’t choose cabbage).
- Choose Your Free Extra’s – Peanuts, Sesame Seeds, or sometime more depending on location (rare).
Okay, regarding the protein bit. They’ll ask which you want, simply tell them you’re vegetarian (or vegan) and you’ll just have those “protein” toppings exchanged for more veggie toppings like you normally do. Normally you’ll have no problem and it’ll score you a few extra veggies.
If they so happen to say no to that, then say since you’re vegetarian/vegan you’d like the tofu as your protein instead of the meat options, that way they don’t take the tofu out of your veggie toppings.
In case you haven’t ate at Genghis grill before, how it works is you order a build-your-own bowl and you have a set amount of each of the above toppings depending on the size you order. This is why I say to ask in the above way, as if you simply say no protein rather than the above you’ll lose out on free extra toppings simply because they put tofu as a vegetable rather than a protein.
Vegan Sides at Genghis Grill:
- Brown Rice
- White Rice
- Udon Noodles
- Spiral Pasta (Rotini)
You can get all these things in a build-your-own bowl, but if you want extra you can always order them separately as well.
Genghis Grill Vegan Sauces:
- Garlic Water
- Ginger Water
- Asian Chili Sauce
- Sesame Sauce
- Kung Pao Sauce
- Sesame Soy Sauce
- Dragon Sauce
- Pan Asian Sauce
- Thai Peanut Sauce
- Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Roasted Garlic
- Island Teriyaki Sauce
- 3G Sauce
- Roasted Tomato Sauce
There are a couple other sauces available at Genghis Grill, however they contain honey and thus aren’t listed above. They don’t contain dairy or other extra-spooky ingredients, but since honey isn’t 100% Vegan we didn’t list those sauces above.