Subway has pretty decent vegan options, including many breads, tons of vegetables, and many sauces to make your sandwich (or salad) flavorful, not to mention quite a few sides as well that are vegan-friendly.
Table of Contents
What are the vegan options on Subway’s menu?
Ultimately like all sub shops they aren’t really anything special for us vegans, as all they have in terms of a meal is bread with vegetables or so-so salads to offer, as well as one vegan-friendly veggie patty type thing.
How to order vegan at Subway?
To order vegan at Subway follow the steps below.
- Choose Your Bread: 9-Grain Wheat Bread, Italian Bread, Hearty Italian Bread, Roasted Garlic Bread, Sourdough Bread, Wheat Wrap, Tomato-Basil Tortilla Wrap, Habanero Wrap (not actually spicy), Spinach Tortilla Wrap, or you can order as a bowl (salad).
- Choose Your Toppings: Mushrooms, iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, Sliced Onions, Green Peppers, Olives, Sliced Jalapenos, Banana Peppers, Avocado (premium), vegan patty (not all locations), or Tomatoes.
- Choose Your Sauce: Deli Brown Mustard, Yellow Mustard, Sweet Onion Sauce, Fat-free Italian Salad dressing, Subway’s Vinaigrette, Oil-mix, or none.
- Choose Your Cooking Time: None, Lightly toasted, Medium, or Crispy (burnt)
Some locations have slightly different toppings, but any of the vegetables or fruits are vegan friendly. Keep in mind some locations, particularly those in Brazil and New Zealand/Australia have more vegan options, including falafel and sometimes a vegan meatball type thing – but they’re very loud about making it clearly vegan, so if it’s at your location then you’ll know it when you walk in.
Other plant-based options
The soups often aren’t available from my experience, but they always have a few types of chips, usually a SunChips or two that are vegan and then regular lays potato chips and one or two other flavored lays chips. Sometimes another local chip brand. They also of course have vegan-friendly sodas and drinks.
- Chips (usually 3-4 types, varies by location)
- Fruit/Apple Slices
- Black Bean Soup (not all locations)
- Vegetable Soup (not all locations)
Is Subway veggie patty vegan?
Yes, Subway’s veggie patty is vegan, however it is not available at all places. You need to check manually.
What fast-food restaurants offer vegan options?
There are other plant-based food chains that offer vegan salad.
What are the vegan options in Blimpie?
In Blimpie you can make your own sandwich, just like in Subway. You need to choose a bread, topping and sauce. You can even specify the cooking time for crispness.
What are the vegan options in McAlister’s?
McAlister’s Deli is a pretty good spot for a vegan, with plenty of great salad options (with amazing vegan salad dressings), some pretty good sandwiches you can build, and a few side options for us vegans to choose from.