Everything Vegan at Taco John's (Dec-2019)
Taco Johns has a relatively limited selection of vegan items, however it does have enough to make a somewhat decently satisfying vegan meal at their locations.
I wouldn’t recommend Taco John’s over a place like On The Border, or Qdoba, however they’re still a place you can eat out at as a vegan and have a satisfying meal at. It just might not be a super-stellar meal with tons of variety.
Taco John's Primary Vegan Options:
- Taco John’s Refried Beans (Specify no Cheese)
- Chips & Guacamole
- Chips & Salsa
- Bean Burrito (Specify no cheese, try to swap for guacamole)
- Potato Olés (hash-brown like potato bites)
- Giant Goldfish Grahams (not all flavors — check packaging)
- Tortillas & Hard Taco Shell (Regular & Bowls)
- Side Salad (No Cheese, see vegan dressings below)
Vegan Toppings at Taco John's:
- Chopped Onion
- Black Olive Slices
- Tomato Chunks
- Taco John’s Mild Sauce
- Taco John’s Hot Sauce
- Taco John’s Super Hot Sauce
- Special House Salad Dressing
- Creamy Italian Dressing (Varies by location, confirm no dairy)
- Pico De Gallo
- Potato Ole’s
- Chips (like chips & Salsa, not bags of chips)
That’s all the vegan menu options at Taco John’s, well aside from the drinks, but all of those should be vegan. Sodas and Lemonades are essentially always vegan.
As you can see you can easily have a vegan meal at Taco John’s, including a bean burrito with Taco John’s vegan refried beans and some sauces, maybe have some chips and guacamole on the side or a salad with one of the vegan dressings. I’d recommend adding some of the potato-bite things in the burrito or salad to “bulk” it up a bit and add some more texture.
Taco John’s doesn’t have any “real” vegan-friendly desserts, as their Churro’s and donut bites both contain dairy products.