Denny’s has phenomenal vegan options. Not only are there tons of them, but they are dang tasty. You can find something at Denny’s, no matter what type of vegan you are. Denny’s has healthy items like mixed fruit cups, but they also have vegan veggie burgers and vegan french fries. They offer many sauteed vegetable skillet choices, oatmeal (when made with water), English muffins, toast, and hash browns, along with other yummy menu items.
Denny’s is way better than other 24/7 breakfast places like IHOP or Waffle House, both of which have limited vegan-friendly options. Plant-based eaters will find much more to choose from at Denny’s. Let’s look at the many vegan items available at this popular restaurant chain.
Vegan Breakfast Options at Denny's (All Day)
- Hash Browns
- Oatmeal (Request to be made with water instead of milk)
- Wheat English Muffin (Request no Butter)
- Toast (Request no Butter)
- Red-skinned Potatoes (Beware, red skinned mashed potatoes aren’t vegan!)
- Mixed Fruit Cup
- Plain Bagel (Not present at all locations, but always Vegan)
- Grits (Request to be made with water instead of Milk)
If you order oatmeal, toast, an English muffin, or a bagel, make sure to get some jams and jellies to go with it, or some of Denny’s Maple Syrup, as it is 100% Vegan!
Furthermore, you can also get add-ins with your hash browns. It varies based on location, but most will have mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, or tomatoes.
You can enjoy Denny’s breakfast all day, but if you are looking for something a little more filling to enjoy for lunch or dinner, keep reading.
Vegan Lunch/Dinner Main Course Options at Denny's
- BYOB (Build Your Own Burger – see below paragraphs)
- Fit Fare Veggie Skillet (No Egg)
- Hearty Breakfast Skillet (No Sausage, Eggs, or Cheese.)
- Santa Fe Skillet (No Chorizo, Eggs, or Cheese.)
- Supreme Skillet (No Sausage, Eggs, or Cheese.)
If you are getting a skillet, make sure to ask for a couple of tortillas to go with it. This addition may cost a bit extra, but it is worth it. One of the best skillet options is the Fit Fare Veggie Skillet. Just make sure to order it without the egg whites.
Build your own burger
How about meat substitutes, like Beyond burger?
All of the plant-based sides
- Wavy Cut French Fries
- Seasoned Fries
- Season Red-skinned Potatoes
- House Salad (no cheese or crackers, see below for dressing)
- Hash Browns
- Baked Potato (plain, no butter or other toppings)
- Oatmeal (fruit and syrups are vegan)
- Wheat English Muffin (request no butter)
- Toast (request no butter)
- Mixed Fruit Cup
- Sauteed Zucchini & Squash (not all locations)
- Fresh Avocado
As mentioned above in the breakfast section, make sure you get some Maple Syrup or Jellies for your oatmeal, toast, or English muffins. They are free, completely vegan, and downright delicious!
Everything else besides above
- All Jellies & Jams
- All Syrups (Pancake/Waffle)
Dressings and sauces
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- French dressing
- Italian dressing
- Barbecue sauce and other common condiments (ketchup, mustard, etc)
Denny's vegan offer altogether
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Denny's veggie burger vegan?
Does Denny's have vegan options?
Does Denny's have vegan breakfast?
Are Denny's 9 grain pancakes vegan?
Are Denny's fries vegan?
It isn’t healthy, but it’s vegan nonetheless.