Everything Vegan at Le Pain Quotidien (2021)
Le Pain Quotidien TONS of vegan options both on their breakfast menu and lunch/dinner menus, so don’t worry about eating there if you’re vegan, it’ll be great no matter which you go to.
Le Pain Quotidien acknowledges the benefits of a plant-based diet and thus has vegan-options at all it’s locations — often labeled “100% botanical”. The US-based locations also serves special meatless dishes on Mondays (Meatless Mondays) to encourage more Americans to switch to a cruelty-free diet.
Le Pain Quotidien differentiates vegan dishes from non-vegan ones by placing a carrot next to a vegan dish — which makes ordering very easy when in-person, especially if the location has something new we didn’t mention below.
Vegan Breakfast Options at Le Pain Quotidien:
- Organic Granola Bowl (served with fresh fruit and coconut yogurt)
- Organic Steel-Cut Oatmeal (served with vegan milk of choice – oat milk, almond milk, or coconut milk)
- Fruit Salad (freshly cut pineapple, melon, mango, and berries)
- Organic Coconut Chia Pudding (served with blueberries and strawberries)
- Dragon Fruit Coconut Bowl (dragon fruit puree, and coconut yogurt, topped with granola and blueberries)
- Flower Power bowl (a seasonal dish made with a mix of cereals, beet, and lavender, and served with cashew butter, coconut yogurt, pineapple, blueberries, and watermelon)
- Organic Hazelnut Flute (breadstick-like thing)
- Blueberry Muffin
Lunch & Dinner Options at Le Pain Quotidien:
- Avocado Toast (avocado mash, marinated kale, chia seeds, and citrus cumin salt, served on organic whole wheat, rye, or super-seed sourdough bread)
- Quinoa Avocado Salad (organic quinoa, chickpeas, tomato & cucumber salad, fresh herbs, and basil vinaigrette served on the side)
- Cauliflower and Butternut Coconut Curry (a hot dish served with buckwheat and spicy mango chutney)
- Crispy Quinoa Cake (also a hot dish)
- Portobello Mushroom and Turmeric Hummus Tartine (turmeric hummus and mushrooms served on organic bread of your choice)
- Organic Lentil and Avocado Salad (organic lentils, avocado, freshly shaved fennel, and basil vinaigrette)
- Warm Grain Bowl (a mixed salad that can be made vegan by omitting the goat cheese)
- Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai Salad (a vegan bowl inspired by the renowned Thai dish)
- Vegan (Organic) Soup of the Day
- Gazpacho (organic tomatoes, cucumbers, red bell pepper, organic olive oil, basil, organic sourdough bread)
- Vegan Gardener’s Lunch (toasted organic sourdough bread, grilled courgette, organic hummus, organic pesto, served with cherry tomatoes, organic super seeds, tomato salsa, avocado, and vegan dressing)
- Chili Sin Carne (vegan chili, fresh guacamole, diced tomatoes, scallions, and vegan sour cream)
- Lebanese Mezze (beetroot hummus, chickpea hummus, olives, and falafel, served with organic Lebanese flatbread)
- Good Karma Watermelon and Feta Salad (this salad can be made vegan upon request)
- Golden Coast Portabello Tartine (organic sourdough bread topped with turmeric ginger hummus, organic tomato, and cucumber)
- Strawberry Toast Forever (cashew butter, agave nectar, mint, lemon, on organic super-seed sourdough bread).
- Vegan JUST Egg Frittata (mung bean-based JUST Egg, broccoli, almond milk, caramelized onions, and roasted butternut squash; this vegan frittata replaced LPQ’s chicken egg frittata in September 2019).
Vegan Sides at Le Pain Quotidien:
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Beetroot hummus
- Green & Black Olives
- Avocado slices
- Roasted baby potatoes
- Cashew/maple butter
- Seasonal salad
- Various Dressings/Sauces (depends on locations)
Most of these are available at all locations — and if they are they should be 100% Vegan-friendly. Some fancier big locations may have a unique side the chef created, which is occasionally vegan (would have to ask).
Vegan Desserts at Le Pain Quotidien:
- Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Apple Pie
- Vegan Cocoa & Pear Cake
Not all locations will have these options, most will have at least one, but some international (Non-US) locations won’t have any of these above-mentioned vegan desserts. Instead they’ll simply have fruit cups or other “healthy sweets of the sort that aren’t really desserts.
Le Pain Quotidien also offers a variety of organic hot drinks that can be made vegan with oat, almond, or coconut milk making them vegan-friendly, and these can serve as desserts of sorts depending on how candy-like you make them (sugar accordingly!).