Le Pain Quotidien TONS of vegan options both on their breakfast menu and lunch/dinner menus, so don’t worry about eating there if you’re vegan, it’ll be great no matter which you go to.
Le Pain Quotidien acknowledges the benefits of a plant-based diet and thus has vegan-options at all it’s locations — often labeled “100% botanical”. The US-based locations also serves special meatless dishes on Mondays (Meatless Mondays) to encourage more Americans to switch to a cruelty-free diet.
Le Pain Quotidien differentiates vegan dishes from non-vegan ones by placing a carrot next to a vegan dish — which makes ordering very easy when in-person, especially if the location has something new we didn’t mention below.
Vegan Breakfast Options at Le Pain Quotidien:
- Organic Granola Bowl (served with fresh fruit and coconut yogurt)
- Organic Steel-Cut Oatmeal (served with vegan milk of choice – oat milk, almond milk, or coconut milk)
- Fruit Salad (freshly cut pineapple, melon, mango, and berries)
- Organic Coconut Chia Pudding (served with blueberries and strawberries)
- Organic Hazelnut Flute (breadstick-like thing)
- Blueberry Muffin
Lunch & Dinner Options at Le Pain Quotidien:
- Avocado Toast (avocado mash, marinated kale, chia seeds, and citrus cumin salt, served on organic whole wheat, rye, or super-seed sourdough bread)
- Brussels Farro Bowl w/ no Cheese (warm farro, massaged kale, roasted delicata squash and Brussels sprouts, goat cheese, pickled cranberries)
- Muhammara Toast (roasted delicata squash, cauliflower, arugula, tomato confit)
- Veggie Banh Mi (roasted shiitake & cremini mushrooms, black lentil pate, pickled daikon, carrot & fresno, plant-based harissa aioli on baguette)
- Vegan (Organic) Soup of the Day
- Gazpacho (organic tomatoes, cucumbers, red bell pepper, organic olive oil, basil, organic sourdough bread)
As with all the other things they sell it slightly varies based on the location and if you’re going in the USA or an international location — however you can expect about half of these no matter which you go to anywhere in the world — so don’t worry about not having something tasty and vegan-friendly at Le Pain Quotidien.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Light Italian Dressing
- Bronco Berry Sauce
- Red Ranch Sauce
- Smoky Q Sauce
- Arby’s Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
Vegan Sides at Le Pain Quotidien:
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Beetroot hummus
- Green & Black Olives
- Avocado slices
- Roasted baby potatoes
- Cashew/maple butter
- Seasonal salad
- Various Dressings/Sauces (depends on locations)
Most of these are available at all locations — and if they are they should be 100% Vegan-friendly. Some fancier big locations may have a unique side the chef created, which is occasionally vegan (would have to ask).
Vegan Desserts at Le Pain Quotidien:
- Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Apple Pie
- Vegan Cocoa & Pear Cake
Not all locations will have these options, most will have at least one, but some international (Non-US) locations won’t have any of these above-mentioned vegan desserts. Instead they’ll simply have fruit cups or other “healthy sweets of the sort that aren’t really desserts.
Le Pain Quotidien also offers a variety of organic hot drinks that can be made vegan with oat, almond, or coconut milk making them vegan-friendly, and these can serve as desserts of sorts depending on how candy-like you make them (sugar accordingly!).