Papa John’s has pretty standard options for a pizza place, some vegan crust, some vegetable toppings, some sauce and dips, nothing too unique.
With that being said, short of vegan paradises like Blaze Pizza and Mellow Mushroom, Papa John’s is probably my favorite pizza place. Their crust is normally great, their pizzas aren’t greasy at all when ordered in a vegan way, their sauce tastes quite fresh and tomato-e, and they have delicious garlic dipping sauce.
While Papa Johns Internationaly has announced some new vegan items, such as vegan stuffed crust pizza, and vegan meats, in the USA and Canada nothing has really changed lately.
Build-Your-Own Vegan Pizza At Papa John's:
- Choose Your Crust – Original (Hand-Tossed)
- Choose Your Sauce – Pizza Sauce, BBQ Sauce
- Choose Your Cheese – No Cheese (USA/Canada), or Vegan Cheese (UK/Australia/Spain Only)
- Choose Your Toppings – Fresh Mushrooms, Pineapple, Sliced Onions, Green Peppers, Black Olives, Green Olives, Sliced Jalapenos, Banana Peppers, or Tomatoes.
- Choose Your Dip/Seasoning (Side) – Garlic Dipping Sauce, Pizza Sauce Dip, Buffalo Dipping Sauce, BBQ Dipping Sauce, Crushed Red Pepper Packet, or Special Seasoning Packet.
While I’d recommend trying to order one of their multi-topping “specials,” you can also simply order the Garden Vegetable Pizza without Cheese as well — most locations will let you swap the toppings around if you want to take off olives and get more mushrooms or something like that.
Unfortunately Papa John’s Gluten-Free Crusts and “Thin” crusts aren’t vegan due to containing eggs/dairy. Their traditional/original hand-tossed crust is the best anyhow, although if you’re gluten-Intollerant you’re really out of luck at Papa John’s.
Vegan Side-Options at Papa John's:
- Original Breadsticks (Includes 1-2 free dips)
- Garlic-Butter Dipping Sauce
- Pizza Sauce Dip
- Buffalo Dipping Sauce
- BBQ Dipping Sauce
- Crushed Red pepper Packets
- Special Seasoning Packets
Vegan Desserts at Papa John's:
All the Desserts at Papa John’s contain dairy/eggs and in some cases Gelatin, so they’re not vegan-friendly at all. At UK-locations Papa john’s has Nutella scrolls (bites) that are vegan-friendly, but they’ve yet to introduce them outside of the United Kingdom.