Pret A Manger is by far the most popular and well known sandwich shop in the UK, as it’s one of the only chain restaurants of it’s type in the UK.
Overall you can eat at Pret a Manger as a vegan, however their vegan options aren’t very impressive curre — strike that as of late 2021 they announced many many new vegan items, making them an EXTREMELY vegan-friendly place.
Unfortunately unlike their American counterparts you can’t build-your-own sandwich at Pret a Manger due to the sandwiches generally not be prepared on-site at pret a manger. They use local kitchens/cooks nearby to service many stores rather than kitchens in each location, and thus you cannot build-your-own sandwich.
Table of Contents
Vegan Sandwiches & Wraps at Pret a Manger:
- Avocado, Olives & Toms Sub Sandwich
- Smokey Carrot & Falafel Sandwich
- Smashed Avocado on Gluten-Free Bread
- Hummous & Chipotle Wrap
- Meatless Meatball Wrap
- Falafel Avocado & Chipotle Flat Bread Wrap
Unfortunately these are generally the only vegan-friendly sandwich Pret a Manger offers due to them lacking the ability for you to build-your-own sandwich. They have plenty of non-sandwich options that are vegan though, and honestly what else do you need than some avocado in some bread, or some falafel and veg in a loaf of bread?
Non-Sandwich Vegan Main Dishes at Pret a Manger:
- Cauliflower & Chickpea Grain Bowl
- Acai & Almond Butter Bowl
- Mango & Banana Sunshine Bowl
- Very Berry Croissant
- Porriage made with Water
- Porriage made with Coconut Milk (Not all locations?)
You can also add berry compote or Cranberries and seeds generally for free to your porridge if desired, however that’s not always available and some locations may charge you for it apparently.
In addition to the compote or cranberries you can get fruit on the side to add-in to the porridge, or just eat on the side!
- Berry Fruit Bowl
- Melon & Blueberry Cup
- “Pret” Fruit Salad
- Superfruit Salad
Some locations may have more fruit options, but generally all locations will have the above to choose from. Fruits obviously vegan-friendly, so if you see other options not listed above that are just fruit, don’t hesitate to buy and eat it if you want it. It’s just fruit.
Vegan Soup & Salad Options at Pret a Manger:
- Falafel Mezze Salad
- Mediterranean Mezze Salad
- Sweet Potato Falafel & Smashed Beets Veggie Box
- Humous and Falafel Mezze
- Ancho Dressing
- French Dressing
- Green Dressing
- Butternut & Lentil Dhal Soup
- Gluten-Free Soup/Salad Bread
- Pret’s Mushroom Risotto Soup
- Red Thai Veg Soup (not all locations)
- Smoky Sweetcorn Chowder Soup
- Souper Tomato
- Moroccan Lentil
- Stone Baked Losange Soup Baguette
Honestly this is where Pret really shines; their soups are pretty good and their salads are honestly the best salads I’ve had from a chain-restaurant in my entire life, and they have quite a few dressings to choose from.
Vegan Sides & Desserts at Pret a Manger:
- Rock Salt Popcorn
- Various Chips
- Sweet & Salt Popcorn
- Vegetable Crisps
- Naked Nuts
- Bread Roll
- Dark Chocolate Salted Almonds
- Chocolately Coconut Bites
- Almond Butter Sachet
- Coconut Bites
- Dark Chocolate & Almond Butter Cookie
- Mango Chia “Pot”
- Pret a Mango
- Pret’s Morning Glory Muffin
Vegan Drinks & Coffee at Pret a Manger:
- Essentially all if you order them correctly (See below)
They have tons of coffees as well as juices and smoothies and other vegan-friendly goodies. All you have to do is order them with either Rice, Coconut, Soy, or Almond milk, and it’ll be vegan-friendly. Not every Pret location may have all those vegan-friendly creamer/milk options, but they should have at least a couple of them, so don’t worry about that. They always have a vegan-friendly milk option.