Sweet Green has absolutely wonderful vegan-options, although they vary somewhat by location and seasonally. These are the vegan items you can expect Sweet-Green to normally have year-round at basically all of their locations.
They will likely have a few other items, but these should always be there and always be vegan, so you can rely on these options if you’ll be eating at Sweet-Green. But to sum up their menu, it’s great and if you’re vegan don’t worry about eating at their locations. They have plenty of vegan-friendly options.
Pre-Built Vegan Menu Options:
- Spicy Thai Salad
- Guacamole Greens Salad (Specify No Chicken — Swap for Tofu)
While these are actually great vegan options, particularly the salads in my opinion, I’m still one to build-my-own salad, so I’ll include a guide on how you can do that below — they don’t even charge extra for doing so!
Build-Your-Own Vegan Salad Options:
- Choose Your Bases (2) – Warm Quinoa, Organic Wild Rice, Organic Mesclun, Shredded Kale, Organic Baby Spinach, Organic Arugula, or Chopped Romaine.
- Choose Your Toppings (10) – Walnuts, Tortilla Chips, Za’atar Breadcrumbs, Cherry Tomatoes, Toasted Almonds, Spicy Sunflower Seeds, Spicy Broccoli, Shredded Cabbage, Roasted Sweet Potato Chunks, Red Onions, Raw Corn, Raw Beet, Raisins, Lentils, Cucumber, Cilantro, Hot Chickpeas, Organic Carrots, Basil, Apple Slices, Pear Slices.
- Choose Your “Premium” Toppings (5) – Warm Portobello Mushroom Mix, Roasted Sesame Tofu, Avocado, Herb Falafel, Roasted Squash, Housemade Hummus, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Curry Cauliflower,
- Choose Your Dressing (3) – Cranberry Maple Dressing, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Fresh Lemon Squeeze (Juice), Fresh Lime Squeeze (Juice), Spicy Cashew Dressing, Miso Sesame Ginger Dressing, SweetGreen Hot Sauce, Pesto Vinaigrette, or Lime Cilantro Jalapeno Vinaigrette.
There’s nothing to really say about all that other than DANG, what more could you POSSIBLY ask for? You quite possibly can build the best salad possible at a restaurant at Sweet-Green. They’re known for their salads and their vegan-friendly salad options don’t leave anything to be desired.
Even as someone who doesn’t like Salads generally, I must say when building-my-own salad at Sweet-Green I cannot complain at all. Absolutely delicious, satisfying, tasty, and of course healthy.
The odd one out is the balsamic vinegar since at the most place it is Vegan, however, Sweetgreen’s balsamic vinegar contains honey.
Vegan Sides at Sweet-Green:
- Whole-Grain Bread
- Buckwheat Bread
- Various Fruits
- Very Tasty “home-made” tasty drinks
While many people have said their breads contain honey, we contained sweet-green and asked a couple locations, and by all accounts they’re 100% Vegan and do not contain honey whatsoever, nor have anytime recently.
Sweet-Green Vegan Dessert Options:
- Various Sliced Fruit
There’s no “real” vegan desserts, however they do have some pretty good fruit usually, so you can always get some fruit for dessert. It’s possible (albeit unlikely) they’ll have a vegan-friendly dessert other than fruit as well, if so it’ll be listed on the menu specifically as vegan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fortunately, many of them vegan-friendly. The following dressings do not contain animal ingredients: Pesto vinaigrette, Lime cilantro jalapeno vinaigrette, Sweetgreen hot sauce, Miso sesame ginger dressing, Spicy cashew dressing, and ceviche dressing. It may sound a bit surprising, but balsamic vinegar is not vegan since it contains honey.
Good news! According to the allergy guide, all of the bread is Vegan, even the focaccia is an option for us.
Yes, It is! It is labeled as Vegan in their nutrition and allergy guide.
Yes, It is! It contains nothing but sunflower oil, extra virgin olive oil, basil, garlic, apple cider vinegar, and umami seasoning which are 100 percent plant-based.