What Microwave Popcorn Brands are Vegan?
While there’s not many vegan-friendly microwave popcorns out there, there’s almost always one or two at each grocery store that you can buy. Personally my favorite is Orville Redenbacher’s Kettle Corn, as it’s available basically everywhere and it’s quite delicious in my opinion. But I really like SkinnyGirl’s Lime & Sea Salt as well, but it’s harder to find in-stores.
But if Kettle Popcorn isn’t your thing, don’t worry. There’s quite a few butter-flavored and other-flavored popcorns that we found that are vegan-friendly. There’s also some unflavored popcorns if you’re interested in flavoring your own popcorn with nooch and other vegan goodies.
Vegan Popcorn Brands & Flavors:
- Orville RedenBacher’s Popcorn — Melt on Caramel, Kettle Corn, SmartPop Kettle Corn, and Naturals Simply Salted (Light and original).
- ProperCorn — Sweet Popcorn, Salted Popcorn.
- SkinnyGirl — Lime & Sea Salt Popcorn
- Act II (2) — Kettle Corn, ButterLOVERS (only lovers, not the other butter ones)
- Pop Secret — Kettle Corn
- Newman’s Own Popcorn — Tinder White Popcorn, and Sea Salt Popcorn.
- Jolly Time — Simply Popped Sea Salt, Kettle Mania (Kettle Popcorn), All other Kettle Corn’s.
- Brim’s Popcorn (Butter Flavor)
You can often find unflavored popcorn (even saltless) at Whole Foods as well, however from the looks of it all the whole-foods near me have stopped selling the unsalted/unseasoned oil-free popcorn, but maybe this isn’t the case at your local whole-foods. In any case you can buy that popcorn from Amazon since it’s made by whole foods and it’s just as cheap as in-store (I think?).
Personally if you don’t want kettle popcorn or one of the flavored ones mentioned above, rather than buying unsalted/unseasoned popcorn I’d opt for just getting your very own popcorning-device if you eat popcorn a lot. I found one of these badboys at one of the Airbnb’s I stayed at recently and gave it a go with the free kernels they had, and it worked great, so that’s an option too. It’s much cheaper in the long-run, but unless you eat popcorn every week I’d give it a pass.
Found a Vegan-friendly popcorn brand not listed above?
Feel free to contact us on our contact page to let us know about it so we can add it to the above list. Just tell us the brand name and vegan flavor and we’ll get right-on confirming that it’s vegan and updating this article.