Dempster’s Bakery is one of the largest bread-makers in all of Canada.
Table of Contents
They make Bagels, tortillas, regular bread loaves, Various buns, and English muffins.
While Dempster’s breads are overwhelmingly vegan, they do have a few non-vegan ones, such as their maple french-toast bagels, so make sure the bread you’re getting is vegan. All the below Dempster’s Breads are Vegan.
Dempster’s Sliced Vegan Breads
- White Bread
- Smart SuperGrains + Fiber White Bread
- 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- Smooth Multigrain Bread
- 12 Grain Bread
- Ancient Grains with Quinoa Bread
- Multigrain Bread
- Double Flax Bread
- Seed Lovers Bread With Chia Seeds
- Mild Light Rye
- Caraway Lye
- Golden Grains Rye
- Harvest Pumperknickle Rye
- Hearty Oat
- 100% Whole Grains No Fat, No Sugar Added Multigrain Bread
They make a Honey & Oatmeal Bread that isn’t vegan, as it does in fact contain actual honey.
Dempster’s Vegan Buns
- Deluxe White Hamburger Buns
- Deluxe White Sausage Buns
- Top Sliced Hotdog Buns
- Original Whole Wheat Hotdog Buns
- Original Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
- Original Hot Dog Buns
- Deluxe The Pull Aparts (Potato Bread Buns)
- Original Hamburger Buns
- Deluxe The Gold Buns
All of their buns appear to be Vegan, but if it isn’t listed above then I cannot say for sure. If you find one that isn’t mentioned please let us know through our contact form.
Dempster’s Vegan Bagels
- 12 Grain Bagels
- Original Bagels
- Sesame Bagels
- Everything Bagels
- Whole Wheat Bagels
- Cinnamon Raisin Bagels
Dempster’s maple French-Toast Bagels and Signature Brioche Bagels are not Vegan.
Dempster’s Vegan Tortillas
- 7 Inch Corn tortillas
- Fire Roasted Red Pepper Flavor Tortillas
- Garden Vegetable Tortillas
- Original 10 Inch tortillas
- Original 7 Inch Tortillas
- Whole Wheat 10 Inch Tortillas
- Whole Wheat 7 Inch Tortillas
- Herb & Roasted Garlic Flavor Tortillas
- Spinach 10 Inch Tortillas
- Cheese 10 Inch (see below)
- 10 Inch Sundried Tomato Tortillas
- 7 Inch Ancient Grains Tortillas
- 10 Inch Ancient Grains Tortillas
Yes the Cheese Tortillas appear to be Vegan, as while they’re called Cheese Tortillas they’re simply orange-colored using Jalapeno Pepper Powder and a few other seasonings.
Dempster’s Vegan English Muffins
- Whole Wheat English Muffins
- Plain English Muffins
That’s all the types I could find, and both are vegan based on the ingredients they list.