Bar Louie is a pretty good choice in terms of bars for a vegan. They have quite a few vegan options to choose from, including ones that can satisfy even the hungriest of folks.
Table of Contents
Keep in mind we’ll only be covering what food is Vegan at Bar Louie and not what alcohol is; If you’re unsure what alcohol is vegan I’d recommend visiting Barnivore to check out specific brands while you’re there. Otherwise just stick to hard-liquors like Vodka or bourbon and drinks made out of them.
Vegan Appetizers at Bar Louie:
- Bavarian Pretzel Twists (No Sauces/Queso or Butter)
- Trio Dips & Chips (Sub Queso for more Guacamole)
- Hummus & Pita w/ vegetables (Substitute tzatziki for more hummus)
These can be quite a bit, especially if you’re actually having a drink or two as well, so don’t count these out as meal-options. They can be quite tasty and satisfy your hunger in their own right.
Vegan Main Courses at Bar Louie:
- Roasted Veggie Flatbread Pizza (No Cheese or Parmesean Garlic Sauce)
- Quinoa Chop Salad (Request No Queso and Confirm No Meat or Cheese will be in it)
- Garden Salad (No Cheese)
- The Impossible Burger (No Mayo — Ask if Garlic Aioli is Vegan at that location)
- Grilled Veggie Sandwich (Off-menu but generally avaliable, simply ask if you can have a sandwich with just grilled vegetables in it, no butter or mayo or anything)
For the salads the balsamic vinaigrette and lemon-vinaigrette is vegan, although they may have another vinaigrette that’s vegan depending on the location you’re going to. Unfortunately while Bar Louie recently added the Impossible burger to their menu they removed a grilled vegetable wrap and their portabella burger at most locations. If you’d prefer them you could ask and see if they could make it, but it’s generally not on the menu and is no guarantee. You’d need to ask for no mayo or cheese on them by the way if they are in fact available,
Vegan Side Dishes at Bar Louie:
- House Potato Chips
- French Fries
- Tater Tots
- Above-Mentioned Appetizers
Some folks have posted online that the fries are fried in lard, or that Bar Louie’s breads aren’t vegan, but according to what the Company told me since then, and a server told me, that’s completely untrue and the breads have been vegan for over a year now and the oil is always vegetable-oil.
Vegan Desserts at Bar Louie:
Alright, if you’re like me and find margaritas to be tasty enough to be a dessert you could count that as one, but I don’t think it’s what most people would consider a dessert.